Cognizant is hiring for Associate – Projects. For full details and apply link, follow below.
Cognizant Off Campus Drive
- Position: Associate – Projects
- Location: Chennai, India
- Qualification: Bachelors in Engineering or Equivalent
- Batch: 2019/ 20/ 21/ 22/ 23
- Experience: Fresher
- Salary: Min 4 LPA (Expected)
- Last Date: As soon as Possible
- Understand and analyse business requirements based on documentation (functional specifications documents, technical specification documents, etc.) received from the client / onsite.
- Participate in knowledge transfer calls to better understand the requirements.
- Conduct reverse KT with the client / on-site, or share a document outlining the requirement or application/domain knowledge to ensure understanding.
- Create and distribute a query log (tracker) to track queries.
- Follow up to ensure that queries are resolved as documented in the query log.
- Organise a training session for new team members.
- As needed, provide training on tools (such as ETL tools).
- Obtain approval from the client team.
Test Requirement Study:
- Participate in the requirement walkthrough session led by the Sr Test Analyst and identify requirement gaps. If necessary, seek clarification on requirements from the Test Architect.
- Seek clarification on the requirement and add it to the clarification tracker.
- Determine the preliminary test data needs.
- Give feedback to the test lead/sr test analyst on the scope of testing, analyst effort estimate for total volume of work, requirement analysis and clarification, test approach, and so on.
- Only for select projects (Simple and Small sized where 2 team members offshore are required to support the assignment).
- Document the test plan for each cycle based on your understanding of the test strategy (project details, items under scope, items not under scope, type of testing, assumptions, dependencies, risks anticipated, entry/exit criteria).
- Obtain client approval for the test plan.
- Provide inputs for test plan creation, such as the number of test scenarios and test cases used for estimating test cycles/schedule, dependencies, and so on, in addition to other team dependencies such as environment availability, third-party interfaces, and test data, and so on.
- If necessary, provide feedback to the test lead/sr test analyst on test tool evaluation.
- Create a test scenario document and identify testable scenarios.
- Track resolutions using the query log.
- Seek approval from the offshore senior test analyst / test lead.
- Test scenarios should be added to the requirements traceability matrix.
- Seek client approval on test scenarios.
- Identify test cases and test data based on sign-off.
- In QC, map the requirements to test scenarios and test cases.
- Inform the test data management team of your test data requests/requirements.
- Identify test data based on signed-off test scenarios.
- Create test cases based on your understanding of the requirements and ensure that they are covered by the tests.
- If you are using Quality Centre (Test Management Tool), make sure to keep track of the processes and rules that must be followed during development.
- When using Excel, the test cases are written in a way that they can be uploaded to QC for reuse.
- If applicable, create/update the RTM and populate the Query log with test cases and data.
- Change the existing regression scenarios to reflect the impact of the change.
Test Execution and Closure:
- To ensure that the system is ready for testing, perform smoke testing.
- After that, run automation test scripts/manual test cases.
- Record and keep track of testing evidences, as well as the execution status of assigned test cases.
- Inform the Senior Test Analyst of your findings.
- Identify flaws and record failures.
- Follow defects through to completion (using the defect log generated by the QC tool).
- Participate in defect triages on a regular basis to gather evidence for defect identification in order to prioritise and fix defects.
- Retest the problem and update the status.
- If necessary, perform acceptance testing.
- Track defect metrics generated by the QC tool to ensure testing effectiveness.
- To ensure productivity, keep track of the number of test cases executed as part of the daily tracker.
- If necessary, provide deployment and post-production support.
- If necessary, identify the test suite for execution.
- Provide feedback to the Sr Test Analyst for the test summary report.
Must Have Skills:
- HP ALM
Cognizant is a global leader in professional services, transforming clients’ business, operating, and technology models for the digital age. Our distinct industry-based, consultative approach assists clients in envisioning, building, and operating more innovative and efficient businesses. Cognizant, headquartered in the United States, is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently ranked among the world’s most admired companies.
How To Apply?
- First, read through all of the job details on this page.
- Scroll down and press the Click Here button.
- To be redirected to the official website, click on the apply link.
- Fill the details with the information provided.
- Before submitting the application, cross-check the information you’ve provided.